Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pasta, I'll miss you most of all...

Today is my second day on the South Beach Diet. Getting ready to start this was quite a production. If you know me well, then you know that I don't just wing-it. I hate going to the store more than once a week so I'm a little OCD about planning out our meals. I don't think Jones was too thrilled to spend an hour with me planning out every meal and snack, but he was a very good sport. Really though, on my work nights time is so limited if I don't have a plan and a head start on dinner we just end up eating fast food or something that can be microwaved. Niether of which is really going to work on this diet. Hmm...no wonder I'm in the shape I'm in.

I’ve tried this diet before. It worked really well, but I went on “vacation” and never quite got back to it… oops. I’m committed to make this time different. Penelope is great motivation for me to be healthy. I’m hoping that Jones and I can adopt a healthier lifestyle now so that we can be a good example for her. I spent a lot of my childhood (not to mention adulthood) overweight and my self-esteem took a huge hit. I really don’t want that for her. Plus it would be nice to actually be able to play with her for more than a few minutes without gasping for breath. My ultimate goal is for us to be a healthy, active family together. This is going to be a long, hard battle for me. I hope I’m up for the challenge.

4 comments:

  1. good luck on your new weight loss goal. I kmow you can do it as I have seen your success when you plan and cook right!! we do all things for our kids, and Penny will thank you for being healthy and happy as a family:<) Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! You have to be an extremely strong woman to give up carbs! That must be why I never last on diets :s I can't believe how big Penny is getting! It breaks my heart that I don't get to see her as much as I'd like to, I need to be her favorite cousin hehe Bytheway, how did you get pics into your header? I was trying (unsuccessfully) to do that exact same thing with the exact same header, great minds think alike. MIss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will do great! :o) I just have to say Penny is the most beautiful little girl ever! I LOVE the picture of her on your header! Love you guys & miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! It's amazing what a little motivation like a cute little person that you would do anything for will do. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete