Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Dreams . . .

Penelope started out as a pretty good sleeper. Somewhere around 4 months everything changed and it seems I’ve been battling it out with her ever since. I have asked just about everyone I know for advice, read countless articles online and followed advice from my doctor. We had the best luck with letting her cry it out and going in to check on her every few minutes. That seemed to buy me a few nights of peace here and there. However, since she’s been able to stand, Penny has refused to lay down in her crib. When we’d try to do any version of crying it out she would make herself sick. It got to the point where she would get anxious even going near her crib in the daytime. Poor thing, I didn’t know what else to do but sleep with her in the recliner. As you can imagine, this has not been fun. Let’s face it, I can be moody during the best of times. A sleep deprived, working, me wasn’t good for anyone.

Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa Ogden had the perfect solution. They bought a new bed for Penny’s room! I can’t tell you how grateful I am! It is so nice to be able to lay down at night! Penny still has her sleep issues, but the quality of sleep I'm getting is so much better - it makes a big difference!

Papa Oscar & Grandma Connie sent this cute bed set to make her room extra cute. Penny loves the owls! She's quite proud of her new bed. It's funny, for someone so tiny, she still manages to take up more than her half of the bed. Just like her Daddy!

1 comment: