I have exactly 4 more weeks until my due date (June 28th)! I would like to say that I am totally prepared and everything is ready to go, but it seems my to do list never really goes away. Jones keeps trying to convince me that some of the things on my lists don't really need to be done right now, if at all and that I should just calm down and relax. My "crazy" is definitley showing and I can't seem to let it go. I just keep telling him I'll calm down when it's done. Even though we both know this is a lie.
So, one of the top things on my list is getting my hospital bag ready to go. All you moms out there, any advice on what to pack? I've got the basics down, but anything you wish you would've packed or were really glad you packed? Jones is also asking for any advice on how to deal with the added dose of crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Hunter agrees with OJ haha! Ok so somethings I really liked having at the hospital were my own lotion, shampoo etc and little things like chapstick. I would also get cozy socks with the grip on the bottom to wear in your room. Mom says, something to pull your hairback with (ponytail) and your own comb instead of the hospital one. I will try to think if there is anything else that was nice to have! :) Can't wait to see you guys and pumpkin!!!
ReplyDeleteI took flip flops to wear in the shower (because I just don't trust the floors in there) and to wear around the room. After having my babies I got really hot, so I didn't want to wear socks.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely bring your own shampoo/lotions etc. If you plan on washing your hair at the hospital, and you want to blow it dry, bring your own blow dryer as they don't have them at the hospital.
Wear a comfy nursing bra under your hospital gown, it makes labor a bit more comfortable.
Bring some snacks to eat after you deliver. Sometimes you will be hungry before the next meal, and you never know what the hospital will have available for your snack (they are good about having snacks for maternity patients though)
Don't worry about packing much for the baby. You will want a going home outfit (or two- one newborn size and one a bit bigger maybe) a blanket for the car seat. The hospital will provide a pack of diapers and wipes. (they will also provide pads and some sexy mesh underwear for you while you are there)
Pack your bag as though you were going to the gym or something. Bring things to shower with and a change of clothes to wear home. Then add your camera, cell phone (and charger if needed) and your wallet (they will check your ID when you are admitted) I had Daniel bring me my laptop the next day because I was bored, but I didn't use it much. (Seth played games on it while we waited to be discharged, so I was glad to have it)
Isn't it exciting to be counting down the weeks? Keep smiling!
As far as the 'crazies' go. Well, not much that can really stop them, but know that as long as you have a car seat, diapers, wipes, a blanket and an outfit or two, you have all that you need to take care of your pumpkin for the first week or two. For you, you will need a big pack of pads, nursing pads and a nursing bra (get one that is meant for sleeping- they are easiest to deal with they are like a sports bra so the fit doesn't have to be perfect as you won't know what size you will be once your milk comes in)
ReplyDeleteDon't stress over things that you can't do right now. (you can stress over them later when you 'can' do them but just don't want to because you're taking care of baby and yourself!) I made a list of things that I wanted to do/get done before the baby came and then I modified it to a 'realistic' list. It was short!
For some reason, I couldn't log on for a bit there and so I missed out. Dying to know what's going on over there, young lady!!!!! I'm about ready to hop on a plane!!!
ReplyDeleteOh! And PLEASE email me your address! :)
ReplyDelete