Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introducing...Penelope Jane!

She's here! I still can't believe that I'm a mommy! It's been an amazing (and exhausting) last few days but I'm so happy to have our little Penelope here with us. I was scheduled to be induced this week, but my water broke the morning of July 3rd. We got to the hospital around noon that day. By 6:00 am on July 4th it was clear that I was goin to need a c-section. Honestly by then I was falling asleep between pushes so that was fine by me. I almost fell asleep on the table and missed the whole thing! So, she was born at 7:00 AM on July 4th. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 19 inches long. I know I'm biased but she really is the most perfect baby I've ever seen. She definitely has a mind of her own and doesn't always like to cooperate, but really, what princess does? I'm healing a lot faster than I thought I would so that's good and overall I've felt a lot calmer than I thought I would. I feel like I can handle this and it's really been pretty smooth so far. We got home from the hospital yesterday. OJ's parents are in town for the next couple weeks to help us out. What a blessing!! I am so glad they are here! I don't know what we would do without them! All our family and friends have been so supportive and loving, we really do feel very lucky to have you all. Well, I'm off to try to catch a little nap while I can :)

2 comments:

  1. pretty stinkin' cute! I can't wait to come by and meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love the header pics with Pumpkin :) She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete